As people start experiencing the aging process, it often feels like there are new lines and wrinkles on the face every day. Many individuals start to wonder how this happened and where the years have gone. The good news is these types of cosmetic issues can be effectively treated with the use of injectables and fillers. The reason these treatments have continued to increase in popularity is because they efficiently and quickly diminish the most common signs of the aging process. Injectables and fillers can be used to treat areas that have become sunken, fine lines, thin lips, wrinkles, and more. Wrinkles can be caused by numerous factors including the environment and age. This type of treatment is an excellent option for turning back the clock.
As the body ages, the elasticity in the skin begins to decrease. This is what causes the skin to sag as well as the development of both laugh and smile lines around the mouth and nose. Unfortunately, the aging process also causes furrows commonly referred to as frown lines on the forehead. These types of lines are found right between the eyebrows. The final result is skin that has lost the appearance of youth. This is because the majority of natural volumizers and moisturizers do not contain hyaluronic acid. This is essential for more youthful skin with additional elasticity. This means fine lines and wrinkles can easily replace the smooth, youthful skin of the past. The answer is decreasing the symptoms and signs of aging with injectables and fillers.
This process replaces the hyaluronic acid lost due to aging. This is the reason the majority of injectables and fillers currently available contain hyaluronic acid. This type of acid has a strong bond with water. When the filler is injected, the skin is hydrated, volumized and softened to provide the skin with a healthier and more youthful appearance. There are many different types of fillers available shown to be effective such as biostimulatory and hyaluronic fillers. The results are consistent and predictable. Lidocaine has already been included in numerous fillers. If the filler does not already contain lidocaine it can be added to ensure your comfort.
The Benefits of Injectables and Fillers
• One of the most popular benefits of injectables and fillers is the results can be seen immediately. As soon as the procedure has been completed, the individual can see results such as smoother skin.
• There are no serious side effects with this treatment. The side effects that have been experienced are minimal. The majority of individuals who have had this procedure and had any side effects see a little redness at most. This will usually fade away naturally within a few hours. If you have somewhere important to be, you can easily cover any redness with cosmetics. This can often be eliminated by simply following the instructions the medical professional will give you prior to your treatment. It is important to read and adhere to these instructions.
• The treatment is extremely beneficial for your skin. This is because the majority of the fillers contain a natural component to help your skin. This is a major benefit if you are interested in receiving dermal filler injections. The hyaluronic acid used in most fillers is a natural substance found in your skin. This means the injections will feel natural to your skin as opposed to something foreign. You will notice the difference in the way your skin feels after the procedure.
• Dermal fillers increase your level of self-confidence because you will be much happier with your appearance. The fillers look and feel wonderful. Numerous individuals have stated they saw an improvement in their social and professional lives due to the boost of confidence from the treatment. An experienced and skilled medical professional can achieve natural and beautiful results. This results in a noticeable improvement in the appearance of your skin.
• One of the best benefits is your results from the procedure will last for a long time. Most people were able to enjoy the beautiful and youthful benefits for at least a year. If you want to ensure you maintain your new look, you can have a touch-up performed in a few months after your procedure. Maintaining the results of the dermal fillers is recommended. Numerous individuals schedule a maintenance session right after they complete the procedure. This way they do not usually forget. If they do, the office will generally give them a reminder call shortly before their appointment.
• There is no downtime with dermal fillers as opposed to the often lengthy period of recovery associated with plastic surgery. In some cases the entire treatment can be completed in only ten minutes. This will depend on how many areas are being treated. Once the session has ended, you can immediately resume whatever you were doing before the treatment. You can even have the procedure performed during your lunch break to save valuable time. You can literally have a dermal filler facelift in the time it takes you to eat lunch.
• Many people are surprised once they discover how natural and subtle the results appear. Your friends and family will not know you have had any work done unless you choose to tell them. They will simply notice you look good. This is exactly the kind of results most people are interested in. You just look like the best possible version of yourself as opposed to unnatural or looking like someone else.
• In addition to being an excellent option for filling in lines and wrinkles, fillers can make a tremendous difference for your lips. If you have thin lips, fillers are an excellent option for providing a sexier and plumper appearance. This also helps to soften the look of unwanted wrinkles by the mouth. This will help if you feel self-conscious about your lips. You may even discover your lips have suddenly become your best feature. It is important to see an experienced medical professional when receiving lip fillers. This will make certain the procedure is safe and provide the most natural and best possible results.
• As the body ages, both fat and collagen are lost. Unfortunately, this means the plumpness of your youth is also lost. The most common signs of aging include a hollowed out appearance and obvious wrinkles. Fillers transform this look into a healthier and more youthful appearance. This is possible because the fillers fight these issues by adding plumpness to your skin. This results in less wrinkles on your face and cheeks with additional fullness. This improves your overall appearance.
• Numerous individuals have enhanced the use of fillers with BOTOX®. This is a good compliment to the procedure. This is also an excellent option for addressing wrinkles too deep to be smoothed out by the filler. These wrinkles are often on the forehead. In some cases, vertical lines form near the mouth. BOTOX® addresses these issues by temporarily relaxing the muscles responsible for both frown lines and the deeper wrinkles. BOTOX® will enhance your treatment by taking care of any wrinkles or lines the filler was not able to eliminate. The combination of BOTOX® and fillers is very powerful.
• There are several different biostimulatory fillers capable of stimulating the natural production of collagen in your body. One of the main reasons your skin begins to age is due to a drop in your production of collagen. This is one of the most important building blocks in your body. If you have experienced a lot of damage from the sun, your collagen loss can be accelerated. Once your collagen starts to break down, the symptoms from the aging process become much more obvious. This includes wrinkles and a course texture to the skin. One of the benefits of dermal fillers is they help trigger the production of new collagen in your body in a similar manner to when you were very young. This results in natural, healthier and younger-looking skin.
• Another excellent benefit of fillers is their ability to improve the look of scarring. This is extremely important for anyone who has spent years using cosmetics to help hide unwanted scars such as those often resulting from acne. There are specific fillers appropriate for the treatment of specific types of scars.
Dermal fillers offer different benefits for different people. It is always a good idea to talk to a medical professional about your individual issues, skin care needs and aesthetic goals. This way you can be evaluated to ensure you receive the right filler for your needs. Your treatment will involve a customized plan to achieve the best possible results. If you are interested in injectables and fillers, feel free to reach out to us at Sculpt Medical Spa to learn more. We are conveniently located in Virginia Beach. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!